SOLD OUT: Women's Fly Fishing Retreat - October 2021
Time & Location
About the Event
Brought to you by
Metal + Mayflies
Live Life In Tents
& Fish Nova Scotia
- Date: October 1-3, 2021
- Price: $575
- Who can attend?
o Women ages 19+
o Due to COVID restrictions, this event is only open to participants from the Atlantic Bubble. Communications regarding COVID rules and regulations will be circulated to participants prior to the event.
o No previous fly fishing experienced is required!
o This retreat is a safe and inclusive space and is open for registration to all women regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Where: the retreat will be held at Live Life In Tents in the Margaree Valley on beautiful Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia. The fall colours will be in full swing so the scenery will be absolutely stunning.
- Accommodations: 2 nights of campsite accommodations are included (participants are required to bring their own camping gear). Check out the Live Life In Tents website for more information about the location: https://livelifeintents.com/. If you do not have your own camping gear, we will arrange some for you. The accommodations for this retreat are completely off-grid and very much an outdoor experience.
- Meals:All food for the weekend is included.
- Breakfasts will be simple, grab-and-go style meals with coffee
- Lunches will be catered from The Dancing Goat Café
- Supper on Saturday night will be a very special experience at Woodroad, a spectacular dining experience about 15 min drive from LLIT. Please note: the restaurant is unable to accommodate shellfish allergies and there is one set menu. Before booking, please be sure to take a peek at their website and menu to ensure this works for you). The full course meal is included but alcoholic beverages will be at the participant's own cost. https://www.woodroad.ca/monthly-menu
- Fishing:The cost of the retreat includes two half days of guided fly fishing for Atlantic salmon on the Margaree River ($450 value) with a licensed and insured guide in the province of Nova Scotia. On Saturday and Sunday, small groups of participants will head off with their assigned guide for half-day excursions. If you do not own your own fishing gear, the guides will provide all gear required for the weekend.
- Fishing licenses: All participants are responsible for purchasing their own salmon sportfishing license prior to the event. Please note this is separate from a general fishing license. Your guide will ask to see your license before setting out. You can purchase licenses online through the following link: https://beta.novascotia.ca/apply-general-fishing-licence-sportfishing
(1) Complete the RSVP on the events page of the Metal + Mayflies website
(2) Pay 50% deposit ($287.50) via e-transfer to: firstname.lastname@example.org. RSVPs will be held for 24 hours without a deposit. Remaining balance due by Sept 1, 2021.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach me at email@example.com. My door is always open for questions/comments/etc.
Can’t wait to see you there!