Fall for Fishing: Women's Fly Fishing Retreat
Time & Location
About the Event
- Date: Friday, October 8 - Sunday, October 10, 2021
- Cost: $475 CAD (see below for how to register)
- Who can attend?
o Women ages 19+
o Due to COVID restrictions, this event is only open tentatively to participants from the Atlantic Bubble
o No previous fly fishing experienced is required
o This retreat is a safe and inclusive space and is open for registration to all women regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Accommodations: A campsite for two nights in included, this is an off-grid camping experience so participants will need a tent and basic camping equipment. If you do not have access to a tent, please reach out and gear will be provided. Check out the Live Life In Tents website for more information about the location: https://livelifeintents.com/
- Meals: Light snacks, breakfasts, and lunches will be provided. On Saturday evening, there will be a Northern BBQ catered by The Bite House. Any additional snacks and drinks (including alcoholic beverages) will be the responsibility of the guest. Please let us know in advance if you have any dietary restrictions.
- Fishing: The cost of the retreat includes two half days of guided fly fishing for Atlantic salmon on the Margaree River ($450 value) with a licensed and insured guide in the province of Nova Scotia. On both Saturday and Sunday, we will split into small groups where particapants will head off with their assigned guide for two half-day excusions.
- Fishing licenses: All participants are responsible for their own salmon sportfishing license prior to the event. Please note this is separate from a general sportfishing license. Your guide will ask you for proof of licenses prior to setting out. You can purchase licenses online through the following link: https://beta.novascotia.ca/apply-general-fishing-licence-sportfishing
How To Register:
(1) Complete the online event registration
(2) Provide a 50% deposit of $237.50. Email Gioia at email@example.com for payment options. Reservations are secured with payment of deposit on a first come first serve basis. Remaining balance due by September 30, 2021. Payment plans are available. Spaces limited.
Cancellations will be accepted and refunded (including initial deposit) in full up until September 30, 2021.
- What do I need to bring?
o Basic camping equipment
o Layers to accommodate a variety of weather situations
o Sunglasses to protect your eyes from casting flies
o Sun protection – i.e. glasses, hat, sunscreen, appropriate clothing
o Any specific food/drink items and a cooler if desired
o Fly fishing gear if you have it, if you do not, gear will be provided
- Are there bathrooms?
o Yes! The retreat is held on an off-grid eco village, the washroom set up is an outhouse/privy.
o There are solar bags if you choose to shower
o Drinking water is provided
- Is there wifi? Cell coverage?
o Yes, there is wifi at the main building on the property.
o No cell coverage. Margaree is quite spotty – ensure to tell your family/friends where you are before leaving for the weekend and that you will have access to a phone/wifi in the event of an emergency
- I never fished before, can I still come?
o Yes! That’s the purpose of this weekend! The goal of the retreat is to make connections with lots of other awesome outdoor women with whom you can create a network for fishing buddies and resources – at all experience levels! This weekend is all about getting out there and having fun.
Please reach out to Gioia at firstname.lastname@example.org for further questions about this event. Thank you for reading and hope to see you there!